Last Updated: February 14th, 2019
- Personal Information We Collect. The types of Personal Information we collect and our privacy practices depend on whether you are a customer, user, visitor to our Site or App (together, “Individuals”) and the requirements of applicable law.
Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- Account Information. When you sign up for an Account with our Services, you will need to provide us with Personal Information. This may include your name, email, password and other related information.
- Information Necessary for our Services. When you use our Services, we will need to collect and store Personal Information to assist you with compiling information related to your early cryptocurrency transactions. Some examples include cryptocurrency exchange data, API keys, CSV files, and blockchain wallets and addresses.
- Transactional Information. We and our third-party service providers may Process your financial and payment card information in order to facilitate a transaction that you request. Cryptotax.ai uses Square to process credit card information and Coinbase Commerce to accept cryptocurrencies for our payment processing. Cryptotax.ai does not collect and store any credit card info, which is handled entirely by our payment processors.
- Link Services. The Services includes a feature that allows you to link, where applicable, certain Personal Information and other information from financial institutions like cryptocurrency exchanges. You are responsible for verifying the accuracy of the information that is imported. Cryptotax only has read access to exchange transaction histories and can not modify or control user exchange accounts. No identifiable user information is stored on our servers, other than transaction histories that are available on the public blockchain.
- Communications with Us. We may collect Personal Information from you such as email address or phone number when you request information about our Services, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information.
- Interactive Features. We may offer interactive features such as review and feedback services, forums, and social media pages. We may collect the information you submit or make available through these features. Any content you provide on the public sections of these channels will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections referenced herein.
- Conferences and Trade Shows. We may attend conferences and trade shows where we collect Personal Information from Individuals who interact with or express an interest in CryptoTax and/or the Services. If you provide us with any information at one of these events, we will use it for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, IMEI, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and other information about how you use the Services.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you if you choose to share such information. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an App Store, a third-party login service, or a Social Networking Site (“SNS”), we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made available via your privacy settings. Information we collect through these services may include your name, your user identification number, your user name, email, and your contacts stored in that service. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with the Services. How We Use Your Information. We Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested.
- Manage Individual information and Accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services; and
- Answer requests for customer or technical support.
- Administrative Purposes.
- Measure interest and engagement in our Site and Services;
- Improve our products and Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate with you about your account, activities on our Site and Services and policy changes;
- Process your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and
- Enforce our Terms.
- Marketing Our Products and Services. We may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest to you. We may provide you with these materials by email, phone, and/or postal mail, as permitted by applicable law.
You may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes as described below.
- De-identified and Aggregated Information Use. We may use aggregate user Information and other information about your use of our website and/or services to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, de-identified or aggregated trends, reports, or statistics, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create. De-identified and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Site and Services. De-identified and aggregated information is not Personal Information, and we may use and disclose such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes.
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. CryptoTax’ Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, CryptoTax may allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by CryptoTax or any other third parties for any other purpose. [perfect]
- Other Uses. CryptoTax may use Personal Information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ device browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly if third party applications rely on cookies to function correctly.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services that are required to identify irregular behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functions;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services, keeping track of your specified preferences or past pages viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to develop and deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party sites.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our front-end Site, but not on our product dashboard. We do not allow third parties to track your use of our product, except for communication services such as Intercom.io. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Third Party Websites/Applications and Software Development Kits. The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Site or other Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
- How We May Disclose Your Information.
- We Use Service Providers. We may share any Personal Information we receive about you with our third-party service providers. The types of service providers to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) the provision of the Services.
- Payment Processing. When you make a payment, the third-party payment processor receives your full payment information and we receive only a confirmation of payment.
- Business Partners. We may provide relevant Personal Information to business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also provide relevant Personal Information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with ours.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iii) to collect amounts owed to us; (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (v) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information, to the extent that You have shared it with Us, may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
- International Data Transfers. You agree that all information Processed by us may be transferred, Processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the European Union, the United States or other countries. Personal Information may be stored in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers.
- Your Choices
- General. You have the right to object to or opt out of certain uses of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to the Processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time by using the ‘Delete my account’ button on the dashboard ‘Settings’ page. Your entire account and history will be deleted from our servers.
- Notifications. We may send you push notifications or contact you through the Services with notices or alerts that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving push notifications from our mobile application by changing the settings on your device.
- “Do Not Track”. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. We do not allow access or sell your data to any third party, but in general You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, https://youradchoices.ca/choices/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/. To separately make choices for mobile apps on a mobile device, you can download DAA’s AppChoices application from your device’s app store. Alternatively, for some devices you may use your device’s platform controls in your settings to exercise choice.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device. Advertisements on third-party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are Processing your Personal Information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your Personal Information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of Personal Information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”); (iv) restrict our uses of your Personal Information; (v) seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly Processed Personal Information; and (vi) request erasure of Personal Information held about you by CryptoTax, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, CryptoTax will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
By using the Services or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an e-mail to you.
- Children’s Information. The Site and Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may contact us as set forth below. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
- Supervisors Authority. If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisors authority if you believe our Processing of your Personal Information violates applicable law.
- Contact Us.
511 6th Ave. #E2
New York, NY 10011